Hey, guys. I feel like writing something today, so here I am, in front of my laptop, writing these words. I think that with every new experience I become better than before. A wiser person. Today, I thought that it would be awesome to share with you some things I learned this year. Maybe it would help with your growth or just entertain your soul, but anyway, I hope you’ll enjoy it no matter how it touches you. Here are a few lessons I learned this year and trust me, I learned them the hard way.
- Choose to forgive. Revenge helps you with nothing: I know that it sounds good to make others suffer because they did something bad to you, but in the long run you’ll end up only with regrets. Sometimes people don’t mean to hurt you, it just happens. Deal with it.
- Accept the past. You can’t change anything: It’s hard to come to terms with something that happened, especially when you wanted to be different, but if you want to be happy, you have to.
- You’re not perfect and nobody else is: When you get this, your life becomes easier. Knowing that you’re not flawless helps you become a better person. There are always things we need to work on and that’s a blessing. It would be boring to have a world where everybody is perfect.
- Stop comparing yourself with others: It’s in our nature to belittle ourselves and put other people up on a pedestal, but it’s not in our best interest. You just put yourself down and look up to them. From an objective point of view, you compare something unique with something unique and tell yourself you’re not good enough.
- No matter how much you stress over something, the situation may not change: You can’t choose what happens to you, but you can alway choose how to react.
- Judging others makes you lose friends: Instead of trying to understand the ones who are different, you’ll isolate yourself, because you put labels on people.
- Accept the differences and try to understand them: We tend to shut off and close our minds when others have a different point of view, but we should try to remain open-minded.
- Love is not toxic. What is toxic is not love. Period: I tried to understand this feeling and I do believe that if someone makes you feel sorry to be alive and you label this feeling as “love” you have a problem. That’s no love, that’s obsession.
- You can break patterns that you worked your whole life to build: It’s better to let go of the patterns that no longer serve you, before they destroy your life and your relationships.
- You’re going to break some hearts and that’s okay: No one is perfect and no matter what you do you’ll hurt some people, but that doesn’t make you a bad person.
- It’s fine if you feel anxious: We don’t always feel good and that’s fine as long as we accept our feelings and don’t judge them.
- You don’t have to control everything and everyone. Nothing bad is going to happen if you stop being a control freak: The world won’t end and although you’ll feel like it, because you’re giving up your need to control others, you’re one step forward to giving up this pattern of behaviour.
- Nothing is impossible. You can do whatever you put your mind to : This is true, as long as you work hard and make some sacrifices.
- Stubbornness doesn’t help you: When 3 people tell you that something is wrong, it usually is. Wake up and stop being stubborn.
- Illusions can’t become reality: We spend a lot of time living inside our head, but we need to come back to reality and live here.
- Relationships take a lot of work: They do, but it’s worth it.
- True love is possible. You just have to find the person that it’s right for you: And when you find that person you’ll never get tired of being with him or her, because you’ll feel like they understand you even in silence.
- It doesn’t matter what others say as long as it makes you happy: People will have all sorts of opinions about you life, but that’s the thing – they don’t live your life, you do. Make the choices that are best for you.
- Look underneath the surface. No one is happy all the time: It’s easier to be superficial than to understand someone’s soul, but looking past a mask it’s the best thing you can do.
- It’s okay if you relax. You don’t have to work all the time: When you like to get things done, you’ll feel that relaxing is a bad thing, but that’s simply not true.
- You can choose to be happy. Every day: Yes, you don’t choose your circumstances, but if you wake up every day feeling sad, you can cheer yourself up.
Queen of Hearts